I’ve got a few of these miniatures from Reaper – 2 translucent purple ones, and one pewter one. I had all 3 out, so I decided to paint them up. I’ve finished one purple mini (seen here with the other one, untouched). You can see the progress behind the cut.
First I used Freak Flex transparent Magenta and Purple tints. Only the forward facing photos here.
Then I tried lining in blue which didn’t work well. I tried a little highlighting in pink
I saw someone else’s quick paint (mostly dry-brushing, which obscures the translucence, but it looked cool), so I dry-brushed with punk rock pink. It’s a bit more opaque now, though.